PLY LINED CONTAINERS
Four steps to a lining and insulating our containers
1. A timber frame is inserted inside the steel structure of the container - we don't drill so there won't be any leaking holes left
2. A mineral based insulating substance, known as Rockwool, is used to pack the walls of the container. Rockwool is highly efficient at trapping heat and is made of naturally occurring substances, so it poses no health risk
3. Timber ply boards are nailed to the frame over the insulating material
4. The edges are finished off with beading to ensure no gaps are left
Hardy enough even for the Highland mountains!Sometimes the doors on ply lined containers will also be lined and insulated. This gives added protection if the container is to be kept in extreme weather conditions. For instance this 6ft container from our stock of ply lined containers was sold to the Highland Rescue team and located in the Scottish mountains! It was an absolute necessity for the container to stay dry and frost free in order to preserve the vital medical supplies inside.
Choosing your ply lined containerContainers Direct have range of already lined containers in stock, but we can line and insulate any size container in our workshops if you can't find one specific to your requirements amongst current availability. For some examples take a look at our 10ft and 20ft ply lined containers.
Cost of supplying and fitting ply lining to containers
Choose from three standard options of ply:
- 9mm Redwood finish - for a more attractive finish
- 12mm Standard Ply - a thicker grade for integrating shelving/hooks etc
- 12mm Redwood finish - combines the extra thickness with an aesthetically pleasing look
9mm Redwood and 12mm Standard:
- 10ft - £650
- 15ft - £950
- 20ft - £1050
- 30ft - £1450
- 40ft - £1700 - (for high cubes add 20%)
- 10ft - £710
- 15ft - £1040
- 20ft - £1140
- 30ft - £1580
- 40ft - £1850 - (for high cubes add 20%)
Alternatives to ply lining - Wipe Clean MelamineFor containers used as kitchens/canteens/food preparation, walls and ceilings can be lined with wipe clean melamine. This is 8mm thick, with edges in plastic trim, and available in a white or beige finish. Many container conversions completed in our workshops are used in the catering industry where hygienic, wipe clean surfaces are essential for health and safety requirements. For more information on this, see our article on Containers for Catering.
TestimonialsStill unsure if ply lining is worth the extra? See what our customer Nigel Storr, from Fodens of Streethay Farmers and Growers, told us about his decision to have his container ply lined:
"Just a big thank you for Container delivered yesterday , well worth the extra to have it ply-lined out. You have all been thoroughly professional from start to finish."
SmartWater Technology Ltd chose to have their 30ft container ply lined. Impressed with both our standard of work and customer service we received this testimonial:
"Extremely helpful and professional, There may be a need in the future for another container, if so, I'll be contacting you and you only"
"The quality of the interior ply is brilliant, everyone has admired it!"
Mrs Francis des Rosiers, Cambs