10FT SHIPPING CONTAINER
The advantages of a shipping container AND the convenience of a smaller storage unitShipping containers are made in standard lengths of 20ft or 40ft, so to produce 10ft containers we take these larger shipping containers and cut them down to make new smaller units. See our page Cut Down Containers for more on this process.
Choose from either a once-used, or used shipping containers.
Modifications for the storage marketTo make the 10ft container easier to use as a storage container, once it has been cut down to size, specially designed storage doors are then fabricated to complete the new container. We give our customers the choice of five door types on every 10ft shipping container we produce:-
- S1 Doors - light user friendly doors. Made from flat steel panels they are less hefty than original shipping container doors, making them ideal for personal storage, schools and clubs. Security is enhanced by adding a lock box to guard the lock from tampering.
Also available with compressed door seal
- S2 Doors - you can choose to retain the original shipping container door if the weight of the door is not an issue for you. Shipping container doors are solidly built and are enhanced by a rubber seal for the ultimate protection against water entering the container.
- S3 Doors - only available from Containers Direct, we combine the best features of the other two door types - light enough to open and close without a struggle AND protected by a rubber seal. This option has two locking arms and is recommended if you are going to be storing items susceptible to moisture damage, such as paper work or household furniture.
- S4 Doors - roller shutter door, made of steel and ideal for easy loading/unloading using pallets or a forklift
- S5 Doors - personnel door, 'front door' style and a good choice for frequent use
10ft container product pages
Optional extrasWe offer a comprehensive service in upgrades for your container, that can enhance use and extend its life. Depending upon the use for the container, we cover lining and insulation (plywood or melamine), simple anti condensation treatments, electrical installations, shelving, and security. For more information and pricing, see 10ft shipping containers second hand
TestimonialAs well as quality products, we take pride in our quality service too, and like to share our positive feedback. Our customer, Growing Communities, purchased a container with S3 doors and shelving bays, and gave us this commendation:
"Mandy and the rest of the sales team were always amazingly helpful."
The Land Rover Experience, based at Eastnor Castle in the Cotswolds, purchased a 10ft container with S1 storage doors from us. They left us with this very positive feedback:
"Very efficient and customer focused purchasing experience, more advice than I knew I needed was offered and communications were first class- great purchasing experience- the only way to improve would be to not charge anything!!"