CONTAINER CONVERSIONS FOR CATERING
Catering unitsOur catering conversions can be divided into two categories:
1. 'Pop up' units for specific events and seasonal markets (to both cook and serve food from). The trend for pop up shops isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, and we’ve quickly become specialists in this type of conversion work. Between BBQ and burger stalls for the festival circuit, to ice cream parlours in Devon, we’re able to fabricate and deliver the ideal pop up unit to suit any requirements.
2. Static units for small businesses or in-house catering (our most 'famous' is being used on set of the TV soap Emmerdale!). Our other favourite catering conversion project was The Hangar Bar, residing in Manchester Airport. This new build container was built extra wide and fitted with canopy hatches and roller shutters for security.
The fit outCatering conversions typically need a standard fit out which we have perfected over the years.
- Hatches: we offer a full range of hatch types to suit any catering conversion project; roller shutters, barn door style and canopy hatches on gas struts.
- Melamine lining and insulation: this material is wipe clean for hygiene reasons. Other options are available upon request such as fire resistant lining or stainless steel.
- Non-slip vinyl flooring: essential for any catering conversion to avoid mishap and easily clean up any spills
- Personnel doors: although some of our clients like to retain the existing container doors to keep the quirky look of the shipping container, most clients will also have a personnel door for easy access.
- Patio and bi-folding doors: we offer a variety of domestic style doors to enhance the aesthetics of your container, let in extra light and allow for easy access to customers, especially in catering and retail units
- Windows: we have a variety of window sizes available, although our most popular for site catering units include anti-vandal shutters for extra security at night.
- Electrics: our standard electrical installation covers a variety of electrical fittings and fixtures, however we can install bespoke electrics upon request.
- Vents: a common request for any catering conversion to let heat and steam out.
- Extractor fans: for when basic air circulation isn’t enough, we are able to fit and install extractor fans in a variety of sizes.
- Worktops and cabinets: because what kitchen is complete without them? Our standard installation includes black slate effect worktops and crisp white cupboards.
Featured productsAll the examples below have been converted in our own in-house depot over the past couple of years. Although each conversion project is bespoke, hopefully these models will give you some ideas! Or you may have your own unique specifications, in which case please call our sales and design team.
Featured below is the design for this particular conversion, which is always the starting point before work commences. We use CAD to liaise with our clients and ensure all their requirements are accurately and satisfactorily met.