TYPES OF SHIPPING CONTAINER DOORS
Containers Direct now offer five distinct door styles for our converted shipping container products as standard, which can be fitted in the end of the container and also in the long side. We also have a wide range of alternative door types to fit any requirement from sliding patio doors to full length bi-folding ones. Take a look at our conversion for Cheshire Wildlife Trust which features the original container doors (S2) on the short end, a set of S1 side doors in the long side, and behind them a set of black UPVC Sliding Doors!
- Description: 3m steel panels, lightweight, single locking bar
- Advantages: Reduced weight makes them easier to use than shipping container doors. Fabricated from thicker 3mm steel rather than 1.6mm used for standard container doors.
- Recommended for: Storage containers for schools, clubs and domestic storage, where you require frequent use.
Compressed Door SealsOne of our most popular and highly recommended optional extras for our S1 doors. These are attached to the inside of the container door and compress to form a watertight seal when the door is closed. Cost: £65.00 plus VAT
- Description: Original shipping container cargo doors, corrugated steel panels, external rubber seals and two locking bars.
- Advantages: Excellent security and guards against all forms of water ingress without the need for extra modification.
- Recommended for: Heavy duty storage, especially construction sites, or where access isn’t going to be very often.
- Description: Steel panel doors, lightweight, two locking arms, external rubber seals (unique to Containers Direct).
- Advantages: Combines the best features of S1 and S2 doors.
- Recommended for: Storage of items easily damaged by moisture e.g. paperwork, fabrics, furniture.
- Description: ROLLER SHUTTERS DOORS. Open upwards, fully welded galvanised steel, manual or electric operation. Can also be added to the long side of the container, and wider roller shutters are available upon request.
- Advantages: More space for loading/unloading, especially if using forklifts.
- Recommended for: Conversions used for business units e.g. warehouses, market stalls, garage workshops.
- Description: PERSONNEL DOORS. Made from steel, 10 point locking system, rubber sealed, thermal insulation.
- Advantages: Convenient for daily use, aesthetically pleasing and professional appearance, very secure.
- Recommended for: Containers for very frequent use, office conversions, pop-up shops and catering conversions as well as business premises conversions.
Bespoke DoorsDepending on what you’re looking to do with your container, whether it’s going to be a bespoke office or conference room, or a unique pop-up shop, we are able to fit a variety of other door options other than container style doors to any space available in the container. For example, we can fit a variety of household doors such as patio doors, sliding doors and bi-folding doors, or we fabricate add extra wide doors to really maximise the storage space available!