CONTAINER CONVERSIONS 10ft Eco classroom CS39126
Our client wanted to teach children of primary school age about nature in an outdoor environment. Given the normal British weather, they needed to have something which could be watertight to keep the children dry if the weather suddenly changed, but still be integrated into the outdoors. This container was converted into a miniature outdoor classroom using a once-used 10ft container with S1 style easy opening doors.
We fitted out the interior with with 9mm redwood ply and insulation, wooden benches, coat hooks, overhead shelving and stand-up shelving, electrics and porthole windows for the children to see outside. The exterior was painted green using rubberised marine paint, and we fitted the framework to enable our client to add a living roof to the conversion.
The living roof was built by welding extra steel box section to the roof to support the weight of the soil, and finished with a treated timber top rail, both for aesthetics as much as practicality. We used the same timber as we would do for cladding, so we know that it is durable and treated for external use.
- Once-used 10ft container with S1 style easy opening doors
- Repainted in RAL6002 - Leaf Green
- Two 18" porthole windows
- Ply lined and insulated - 9mm Redwood
- 5 tier shelving fitted to the back of the container
- Timber benching
- Coat hooks
- Overhead shelving
- Living roof with timber frame and steel supports
- Electrical installations - external hook-up, consumer unit, 1no. 5ft strip light, 2no. double sockets